The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience
This week we're joined by guest host Tom, to discuss the latest gaming news and trailers from The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience 2016.
Notes for this Podcast
This week Liam and Dave join me on the couch, plus a wild Tom appears as a guest host!
We discuss the latest gaming news from The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience, which both took place in the last week, providing us with an absolute deluge of trailers and announcements.
A little warning in advance, this post is video heavy!
The Game Awards
This year The Game Awards were able to receive Kojima as a guest following controversy surrounding Konami this time last year. He was awarded the Industry Icon Award, and humbly accepted it, thanking his fans.
You can see all of this year’s categories and nominees on their website.
Over the 2 day event, there were multiple developer panels, between announcements and trailers. I’ve included some of my favourite panels below:
You can see all the PlayStation Experience 2016 videos on the PlayStation YouTube channel.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Shovel Knight: Spectre of Torment
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
Let it Die
Let it Die is available now, free to play on the PlayStation Store.
Resident Evil 7
The final update for the Resident Evil 7 demo has been released on the PlayStation store! Kotaku posted a walkthrough (which contains spoilers), if you’re having trouble solving the mansion’s ‘finger’ puzzle.
We briefly discussed the importance of game preservation. Dave and Liam are both heavy advocates of this, with large collections of retro titles themselves. If you’d like to know more, there’s a great documentary film on NHK World titled Game Preservation.
You can also read more about game preservation in this extensive article over on Kotaku.
The Metal Gear drinking game
Just for fun, Liam has posted this set of rules for the Metal Gear (NES port) drinking game. They are as follows:
- Every screen you clear without killing or being spotted is 2 drinks for spectator
- If you kill someone it’s only one
- Being spotted is one drink for you
- Getting hit is a drink for you
- If Big Boss calls you and doesn’t say anything that’s a drink
- If a truck starts to move that’s a drink for everyone
- Same with Big Boss that’s everyone
- If there’s poor English (translation) that’s a drink
- If you die that’s a drink
- And while you’re on the infinite field of scorpions you must waterfall* until you escape or die. And then finally..
- Just make up more rules as you go along!
*waterfall - keep drinking (apparently I’m a square for not knowing that)
Subscribe to The OZARIN Podcast and never miss an episode.